Monday, September 7, 2009

2007 and the Great Beyond

I have been thinking quite a lot about the year 2007. it was a good year, in fact it was the best year of my life by far. it had everything from the good to the bad. life seemed so simple back then (how cliche).I met several of my best friends, i joined a band with those friends and wrote music and played my first live shows, i went to England which i had been dying to to do since i was 12, i went to france and bought the best coat known to man, i found my perfect woman (though i fucked that up pretty fast), and i had the best summer of my life spent fucking around on the streets of denver. it was so perfect.
  And now all of these things make me so sad. i loved my friends but things have changed now and i don't trust any of them (except Chris, but i met him in 2004). England and France were the best places i have ever been to and i am going to live in England one day, but waiting is the worst feeling ever. it was like i got a taste and now i have to wait forever, though that taste was the most amazing 10 days of my life. and when i got back i asked Brittany to prom and she said yes by kissing me. it was like a scene out of a movie and it was so amazing, but now we don't talk and i am petrified to know what she thinks of me (like i said, i fucked that up royally). my band has broken up and i have barely touched my bass in the last two years, though i am writing a lot more lyrics so i guess that's an upside. That year, i guess, was just too good to last. everything was falling into place and then it shattered into a thousand tiny pieces. i want things to go back to the way they were but i know that is impossible. how can you hang out with someone when you don't treat each other like you used to? i know this sounds pathetic and that is because it is, but i am sick of longing for a year that passed 3 years ago. i want new things to emerge but it seems i am stuck in the same old rut. i have hope, but i am tired of waiting....

Currently Listening to: A Weekend In the City by Bloc Party (specifically "I Still Remember")

No comments: